Business Broadband Cost
Alltel ADSL Business Broadband Services are available on every broadband-enabled exchange in Australia. Depending on your location, you may be able to get an ADSL+2 service with much faster speeds.
Use the tool below to check for service availability at your business address.
Step 1: Check Availability
View the View the ADSL Broadband Critical Information Summary
Things you should know
- All prices quoted include GST.
- Extra Data top ups can be purchased for the following increments: 10GB – $10, 25GB – $15, 50GB – $25
- Your data usage is counted in Kilobytes. For billing purposes please refer to the following: 1MB = 1000KB and 1GB = 1000MB.
- You may manage your service and view detailed usage reports through MyAlltel, a web-based self-management portal.
- Upload accelerator (ADSL2+ Annex M) is provided free when it is available from your local exchange (applicable to On-net only).
- Your data allowances include downloads only—uploads do not count towards your monthly quota. There are no excess usage charges. Once you reach your data limit, your traffic speed will be shaped to 256 kbps until the beginning of the next billing period.
- Static IP’s are not available on this service.
- Plans are available as month-to-month, 12-month contract or 24-month contract.
- A one-time setup fee applies for month-to-month services ($99.95 On-Net; $149.95 Off-Net) and 12-month contracts ($49.95 On-Net; $99.95 Off-Net). A relocation fee applies if you transfer to a new site while on contract.
- Plans may be upgraded or downgraded at any time. Changes come into effect at the beginning of the next billing period. A $25 fee applies if you downgrade a plan that is on a 12-month or 24-month contract.
- We require one calendar month’s written notice to cancel your service. A break fee applies if you cancel or transfer to another provider before the end of your fixed term contract ($129.95 for 12-month contract; $179.95 for 24-month contract).
- You require a basic PSTN telephone service at all times. If you cancel your telephone service, your broadband connection will also be cancelled and a break fee may apply.
- You are responsible for providing a compatible modem or router, filters, splitters and security software.
- Additional account fees may apply.
- ADSL services are not available through all Australian telephone exchanges.