Business Broadband Setup
As part of the application, you’ll need to provide us with the following information:
- your current active landline telephone number
- the ABN (or ACN) for your business
- direct debit or credit card details
- the name of your existing Internet service provider (if you are transferring your service to Alltel)
Processing your order
1. Availability: We start by checking what types of broadband services are available at your local exchange.
2. Connection: After we confirm the best service available for you, it typically takes 3-5 working days for your new service to be connected.
3. Completion: Once the connection is complete, we notify you by email. You can check the progress of your connection at any time through My Alltel customer portal.
Note that you must have an active PSTN telephone line connection before ADSL can be connected. Therefore, if you are having a new phone service installed, your broadband connection cannot start until AFTER your new phone service is active.
Transferring your service
Transfers from most broadband providers are usually performed with no down time. However, if you are transferring from Optus, there may be up to 3 hours of down time depending on the complexity of the transfer.
We strongly recommend that you wait until Alltel has confirmed that we can provide you with a broadband service before cancelling your existing service:
- If you’re currently on a contract, you’ll need to cancel your service and make arrangements to pay any early cancellation fee that applies. If you don’t cancel the service, it’s possible that your old provider will continue to bill you even after you transfer your services to Alltel.
- Even if you’re not on a contract, it’s still a good idea to let your provider know that you have cancelled your service and that you are transferring to Alltel.
Setting up your service
We will inform you by email and SMS as soon as your broadband service is available, and provide you with instructions for connecting to the Alltel network.
It’s usually as simple as plugging in a few filters, connecting your broadband modem or router to your phone line, configuring it with the username and password and a few other details that we provide to you, and then you’re ready to go!
And if you run into any problems, we’re only a phone call away on 1300 ALLTEL (1300 255 835).
When you’re ready to place your order, you can sign up online by checking availability.