Choosing a Live Answering Service
A live answering service provides a “virtual” receptionist to answer your business phone calls. These services are run out of call centres, which are staffed by professionals 24 hours a day, every day of the year. Your virtual receptionist greets callers using your business name at times when you’re not available to answer the phone, and immediately sends messages to you via SMS, email, and web-based portal. With some plans, the receptionist can even transfer the call directly to you. Live answering services provide many benefits:Once you’ve made the decision to use a live answering service, the next problem you face is how to choose the service that’s right for your business. The following questions are designed to help you make the right decision.
- Increase sales and customer satisfaction, with every call answered by a real person. (75% of callers say they hang up when their calls are answered by a machine!)
- Increase productivity, by being able to focus on important work without the interruptions caused by a ringing phone. Review messages as they come in from the call centre, and prioritise your work and call backs.
- Present a professional image and good first impression, with all calls answered quickly and professionally using your business name.
- Increase flexibility, by having calls answered and messages forwarded to you when you (or your team) are out on the road. View your SMS messages in places and circumstances where it would be inconvenient (or impolite) to receive a phone call.
- Provide customers with extended contact opportunities, by having calls answered outside of your regular office hours.
- Save money, with a live answering service costing a fraction of the price of a full-time receptionist.