Is Your Business Ready to Benefit from the NBN?
The NBN (National Broadband Network) is coming!
Let’s ignore the politics and instead focus on what this is going to mean to your business:
- Our ageing copper phone line network is being replaced with high-speed fibre.
- The NBN network will provide strong, reliable VoIP call quality that will be as good as (or better than) our current copper (PSTN) phone network.
- Business VoIP (carried over today’s business-grade broadband, and soon the NBN’s fibre network) provides features and functionality that are currently out of reach for many small and medium businesses.
- Advancements in high-speed Internet and VoIP mean new opportunities for your business to reduce communication costs while improving the way you communicate with your market.
Embrace the change now and get the jump on your competitors!
Don’t Get Left Behind
Businesses that look on this change as an opportunity rather than a nuisance are the ones who will benefit the most from this new technology. Instead of just replacing your old system, you should consider upgrading its functionality to take advantage of the extras that Business VoIP can provide.
The following are just a few examples of the types of services that will be not only available, but also optimised:
Business VoIP provides a quality IP telephone service that is reliable, flexible and a great price! Business VoIP is available in both single and multi-line systems:
- Say good-bye to expensive monthly phone line rental fees, and hello to low call rates, enhanced functionality and great flexibility.
- Expand your VoIP system quickly and easily.
- Use your existing 1300 numbers or 1800 numbers for seamless integration.
- Integrate VoIP with your existing non-VoIP PBX (using a VoIP gateway) to take advantage of great call rates.
- It works just like a regular phone line.
- In most cases you can keep you existing landline phone number.
Receive full business-grade PBX functionality without the need to purchase or maintain expensive PBX equipment. All you need to get started is a high-speed broadband Internet connection and some VoIP handsets:
- Save on your business phone bill with low-cost VoIP rates.
- Fast activation times measured in hours instead of weeks.
- Manage your own phone network through our easy-to-use web portal.
- Adding a new line can be as simple as plugging in a new handset.
- A single solution to support multiple offices (in different locations) with free extension-to-extension calls between offices.
- Compatible with both VoIP phones and mobile smartphones.
- Enterprise-grade features include IVR menus, Voice2Email, time of day routing, call recording and custom hold music or messages.
- Call recording and real-time call reporting enable you to analyse and fine-tune your sales and marketing efforts.
- It works just like the office phone you are used to, but with increased functionality and decreased cost.
- Send and receive faxes from anywhere you have email access, including using a smartphone.
- Messages are easy to share and archive when stored in electronic format.
- Save costs on running a fax machine. Print only the faxes (or pages) you require.
- Increase security by having all faxes sent directly to email (with no confidential faxes left sitting in a fax machine for anyone to see!)
- Use with your existing 1300 number or 1800 number for seamless integration.
Move Your Business Phone System to Alltel’s Cloud
The Cloud (or Cloud Computing) describes software applications and services that are accessed via the Internet.
It’s not just computer applications that are moving to the cloud. Many traditional business telecommunication services are now also available as cloud-based “virtual” services.
Alltel has business telecommunications and services that are run and managed by Alltel on a remote server in a secure data centre (rather than in your premises), which enables those services to be accessed and shared by multiple customers.
The Advantages for your Business
- Reduced hardware costs: Alltel purchases, houses and maintains all servers, and replaces or upgrades old hardware.
- Reduced IT costs: Alltel delivers 24/7 security and support and ensures the latest versions of all applications are always available.
- No growing pains: Pay for the services you need today, and as your business grows, simply upgrade to the next plan to receive increased capacity.
- Happier accountants: Help your budgeting by paying a predictable monthly fee and reduce major capital expense hits when you need to increase capacity.
- Increased flexibility: Access data (including digital versions of all faxes and voicemail messages) from anywhere you have email access.
- Alltel’s built-in business tools: Call tracking, analysis, detailed reporting, IVR menus, call recording and online management.
Want to Find out More?
To find out how your business can benefit from the NBN and the new opportunities it provides, call Alltel on 1300 ALLTEL (1300 255 835).