Use Local Connect to Turn Your 1300 Number into a Super Number!
- Route 1300 numbers to ring different landlines or mobile phones depending on the time of day, location of your caller, or how busy you are.
- These numbers aren’t tied to any specific landline or mobile phone, so you can move them with you as your business grows.
- The built-in reporting features of 1300 numbers provide a powerful tool for measuring the success of your marketing campaigns.
- Encourage customers to call by providing a national number that is the cost of a local call when dialled from any landline in Australia.
What is Local Connect?
Local Connect numbers are virtual numbers that aren’t tied to any one specific phone. Instead, you can route these numbers to your landline/mobile phones: both in Australia and overseas.
These numbers come with local area codes such as 02, 03, or 07.Local Connect numbers complement 1300 numbers or 1800 numbers when combined.
Appeal to customers who want to deal with a local business
A lot of people prefer to support local businesses.
By providing a Local Connect number for all of the areas in which you do business, you’ll appeal to the more customers out there.
Because these are virtual numbers, you can offer Local Connect numbers for areas in which you don’t have a physical presence. For example, customers can call your 03 Melbourne and 02 Sydney numbers, and you can answer those calls from the comfort of your Brisbane office.
We recommend that you list both 1300 and Local Connect numbers: a 1300 number presents a professional image for customers looking for a more established business, and a Local Connect number will attract those looking to deal locally.
Measure your marketing efforts more effectively
Local Connect numbers are quick and easy to set up, low cost, provide detailed call reporting records, and come with no contract or cancellation fee. That makes them ideal for use in marketing/promotional campaigns and as competition hotlines.
Instead of using your 1300 number for all of your marketing efforts, you can use a different Local Connect number for each individual marketing channel and campaign. This allows you to compare the effectiveness of each one and make sure you’re spending your marketing $$ in the right places.
Local Connect numbers are also ideal when you’re looking for a “disposable” number, for example as a competition hotline that will be used for a limited time. Keep the number running for as long as you need it, and then cancel it when the competition or promotion is finished.
Add new features to your 1300 numberYou can route calls made to your 1300 number through your Local Connect service (using your Local Connect number as an answerpoint). This allows you to take advantage of the benefits that both types of numbers provide, and to add features to your 1300 number including the following:
- Missed Call Notifications: Receive an email for any call you are not able to answer: either a Voice2Email for callers who leave a message, or else the number* of the person who called. This can help you to follow up leads while they’re still hot and convert some of those missed calls into sales!
- Real-time Call Records: Access detailed call records including caller numbers*, locations (down to the local exchange), and the date, time and length of each call. This helps you to keep track of your callers and measure the results of your marketing campaigns.
- Simultaneous Ringing: Ring multiple phones at the same time, for example your mobile and landline or multiple phones within your office.
- Call Recording: Record both sides of a conversation to help improve customer service and sales techniques.**
- Self-management User Portal: Control and configure your Local Connect number through Alltel’s easy-to-use web-based portal.
* Note that the calling number cannot be provided if Caller ID is blocked.
** Extra charges apply for some features.