Is Your Business Ready to Benefit from the NBN?
The National Broadband Network (NBN) rollout is well underway.
As fibre optics replace copper wires in more and more areas, high-speed connections will give businesses the opportunity to improve communications.
Among other things, stronger broadband connections will make for better VoIP calls. Business VoIP provides features and functionality that are currently out of reach for many small and medium businesses. Switch to VoIP, supported by NBN fibre, and you can get an edge over your competition.
Don’t get left behind
Look at this change as an opportunity rather than a nuisance. Instead of just replacing your old system, you should consider getting a system with the advanced functions business VoIP provides.
The following are just a few examples of the types of services that will be not only available, but also optimised:
Say goodbye to expensive monthly phone line rental fees, and hello to low call rates, enhanced functionality and great flexibility!
Business VoIP provides a reliable, flexible IP telephone service at a great price. It’s available in both single and multi-line systems.
- Expand your VoIP system quickly and easily.
- Use your existing 1300 numbers or 1800 numbers for seamless integration.
- Integrate VoIP with your existing non-VoIP PBX (using a VoIP gateway) to take advantage of great call rates.
- It works just like a regular phone line.
- In most cases you can keep you existing landline phone number.
Receive full business-grade PBX functionality without the need to purchase or maintain expensive PBX equipment. All you need to get started is a high-speed broadband Internet connection and some VoIP handsets.
- Save on your business phone bill with low-cost VoIP rates.
- Fast activation times measured in hours instead of weeks.
- Manage your own phone network through our easy-to-use web portal.
- Adding a new line can be as simple as plugging in a new handset.
- A single solution to support multiple offices (in different locations) with free extension-to-extension calls between offices.
- Compatible with both VoIP phones and mobile smartphones.
- Enterprise-grade features include IVR menus, Voice2Email, time of day routing, call recording and custom hold music or messages.
- Call recording and real-time call reporting enable you to analyse and fine-tune your sales and marketing efforts.
- It works just like the office phone you are used to, but with increased functionality and decreased cost.
- Send and receive faxes from anywhere you have email access, including on your smartphone.
- Share and archive messages easily in their electronic format.
- Save costs on running a fax machine. Print only the faxes (or pages) you require.
- Increase security by having all faxes sent directly to email—no risk of confidential faxes being left sitting where anyone can see!
- Use with your existing 1300 number or 1800 number for seamless integration.
Move your business phone system to Alltel’s cloud
Cloud-based applications and services can be accessed using the Internet. It’s not just computer applications that are moving to the cloud. Many traditional business telecommunication services are now also available as cloud-based “virtual” services.
Alltel has business telecommunications and services that are run and managed by Alltel on a remote server in a secure data centre (rather than in your premises), which enables those services to be accessed and shared by multiple customers.
Our cloud-based phone services provide:
- Reduced hardware costs: Alltel purchases, houses and maintains all servers, and replaces or upgrades old hardware.
- Reduced IT costs: Alltel delivers 24/7 security and support and ensures the latest versions of all applications are always available.
- No growing pains: Pay for the services you need today, and as your business grows, simply upgrade to the next plan to receive increased capacity.
- Happier accountants: Help your budgeting by paying a predictable monthly fee and reduce major capital expense hits when you need to increase capacity.
- Increased flexibility: Access data (including digital versions of all faxes and voicemail messages) from anywhere you have email access.
- Alltel’s built-in business tools: Call tracking, analysis, detailed reporting, IVR menus, call recording and online management.